Lepicol Pure Psyllium Husks 300g Powder
Main Features: Gluten Free, Vegetarian.
Fibre for health.
Fibre is a key part of our dietary intake to ensure we maintain a healthy bowel. Not eating enough fibre can lead to digestive problems such as constipation and other chronic digestive disorders.
Why Psyllium Husks?
Psyllium husks are known to maintain normal bowel transit by absorbing many times their weight as well as producing a viscous gel that ensures a smooth transit throughout the digestive tract.
? Maintaining a healthy, regular bowel.
? Irritable bowel.
Store in a cool dry place – out of direct sunlight.
Does not need refrigeration.
Store out of the reach of young children.
Psyllium husks (Plantago ovata).
Directions for use*:
- Take psyllium husks at least 30 minutes before a meal.
- Adults: Take 1-2 heaped teaspoons mixed with water or juice once or twice daily (5-10g) and consume immediately. This should then be followed by a further glass of water. We recommend starting with a low dose and building up gradually to suit the individual.
- Children: Half the adult dose with parental supervision.Parents should seek the guidance of a medical practitioner before giving Psyllium husks to children under 11 years.
- Pregnancy: Psyllium husks are suitable for use during pregnancy, but we would always suggest consulting your doctor or healthcare practitioner before taking any food supplement.
- Please note: Taking psyllium Husks without water can cause choking. Always aim to consume a 250ml glass of liquid with every heaped teaspoon. Please consult your doctor before taking psyllium husks if you have recently had intestinal surgery or you have an intestinal obstruction. If at any time you experience discomfort after taking psyllium husks, reduce dosage or stop taking and seek medical advice.* If you are taking any medications or have any medical conditions please consult your doctor before taking any food supplement.
- Store out of the reach of young children.
- Do not exceed the recommended daily intake.
- Food supplements should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet.